An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society.
Peter McVerry Trust is committed to reducing homelessness, the harm caused by substance misuse and social disadvantage. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger people and vulnerable adults with complex needs, and offers pathways out of homelessness based on the principles of the Housing First model.
- To target those most marginalised in society and offer a safe, challenging and supportive environment through our service provision.
- To treat participants with warmth and respect and actively encourage them to be involved in all aspects of their own support plan.
- To offer a comprehensive prevention package of support to reduce the likelihood of homelessness to those leaving care, those leaving treatment, those leaving prison or other institutions and those whose accommodation is vulnerable.
- To offer a comprehensive package of support that will provide the best opportunity possible for them and assist them in planning a pathway out of homelessness or drug use, or if they continue to use drugs, to assist them towards some level of stabilisation in order to live a life of dignity, with respect and opportunity.
- To assist each person to re-establish himself or herself in the community and move towards greater independence.