fbpx
National Head Office
+353 1 823 0776
9am – 5pm
Monday -Friday
Information and advice number for those in experiencing or at risk of homelessness
087 912 3989
9am – 5pm
Monday -Friday
Fundraising queries
+353 1 823 0776
9am – 5pm
Monday -Friday

Most Popular

National Head Office
+353 1 823 0776
9am – 5pm
Monday -Friday
Information and advice number for those in experiencing or at risk of homelessness
087 912 3989
9am – 5pm
Monday -Friday
Fundraising queries
+353 1 823 0776
9am – 5pm
Monday -Friday

Pages (1)

News (2)

Partnership Spotlight: Meaghers Pharmacy

As we all re-adjust to our home environments, and change the way we communicate, connect and click, we are delighted to continue our work with Meaghers Pharmacy through their Giving Keys initiative.

For us, the most effective way to end homelessness is through the provision of homes. As the country’s largest provider of Housing First, we believe giving a person the key to their new home is just the first step in their pathway out of homelessness.

With this in mind, it is a great privilege to partner with a business that, in addition to in-store fundraising and text donations, has delivered powerful initiatives like #WrapUpHomelessness – whereby people can have their Christmas gifts wrapped in return for a donation – and more recently, Giving Keys, which launched in Ireland for Christmas 2019.

The history of Giving Keys

Founded in the USA in 2008, the Giving Keys provides full time employment at living-wage to people transitioning out of homelessness in the city of Los Angeles. With each job they offer benefits, paid time-off for housing, education, case management appointments, and a supportive environment that cares for the whole person.

Since being made available in Ireland, 40% of profits from the sale of The Giving Keys has gone to Peter McVerry Trust, with the remaining 60% being reinvested to purchase more Giving Keys products to help continue to raise more vital funds for our work.

Help give someone experiencing homelessness the gift of a key to their new home by purchasing a Giving Key online here, or in any of the Meaghers Pharmacy stores nationwide.

We look forward to strengthening our partnership with Meaghers Pharmacy into 2020 and building on the impactful work we have delivered together to date.

Our Corporate Partners

Learn More

Learn More